Rules & Guidance:
Objectives for 2017-2021
The Committee of the Society sets the following objectives for the next three years:
– increase the number of members/associate members; and
– get more members (and in particular more members from outside Leicester) actively involved in the work of the Society.
– work with the universities and professional bodies representing other branches of the legal profession to promote Leicester as a centre of legal excellence
– work with local and national businesses to create business opportunities for members
Profile and Press
– improve the profile and perception of the Society in the eyes of the legal profession it professes to represents and in the eyes of the public; and
– attempt to improve the profile and public perception of the legal profession in Leicester and Leicestershire;
– lobby politicians and other decision makers on matters of concern to our membership
– Improve on/maintain high levels of attendance at all events;
– ensure a rich and diverse mix of attendees;
– consider new approaches to encourage interaction between members.
Education and Training
– provide relevant and useful courses for practitioners locally and without a view to profit.
– ensure that the diverse characteristics of the Society’s members, committee and officers reflect the diversity of the legal profession in Leicester and Leicestershire
– balance the books
– maintain and develop our sponsorship income
– Improve on the operation and accountability of committees.